Jeep XJ, TJ, LJ, ZJ & MJ Y Link 1 Ton Steering Kit
Due to high demand please allow a 3-5 business day turnaround on Steering Kits
We have been manufacturing steering kits and components for many many years. Throughout that time we have been repeatedly asked to build a welded kit. After reaming your knuckles and pitman arm to the GM one ton taper this kit will bolt into XJ, MJ, TJ, LJ and ZJ axles.The Ruffstuff Jeep heavy duty steering kit is the result and here are the features that make it stand out as the strongest and most durable while keeping the price fair. One of the biggest problems people have faced over the years when moving to larger tires and lifts are dramatically increased instances of bump steer/roll steer and potentially death wobble. When using the factory T link steering a compression will cause a toe out situation immediately followed as the vehicle unweights by an extreme toe in situation. Using a complete tie rod as you do with a Y Link you eliminate the constant toe in/toe out motion caused by the Inverted T design itself. That motion itself essentially is what death wobble is (constant toe in/toe out movement).
This is a bolt in replacement for factory steering on vehicles with up to a 4” lift. You will need to increase the knuckle taper to account for the much stronger ¾” taper vs the stock ⅝” taper on the pitman arm and knuckles.All tubing included for both the tie rod and draglink are 1020 1.5” x .250 wall DOM. The large diameter and thickness of the forged 1 ton tie rods make these the strongest steering kits available.
The tubing is cut bent and welded here in our shop by professional American welders. Our fabricators constantly challenge themselves to be the best and are known for extreme quality work.
- 1997-2006 Jeep Wrangler (TJ)
- 2004-2006 Jeep Wrangler (LJ)
- 1987-2001 Jeep Cherokee (XJ)
- 1993-1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee (ZJ)
- 1987-1992 Jeep Comanche (MJ)
- Tie Rod and Drag Link made from 1.5” x .250 DOM
- 2 - RH - 7/8" Hex Head Weld Bungs, 18TPI for Tie Rod Ends
- 2 - LH - 7/8" Hex Head Weld Bungs, 18TPI for Tie Rod Ends
- 2 - RH - 7/8" Jam Nuts, 18TPI for Tie Rod Ends
- 2 - LH - 7/8" Jam Nuts, 18TPI for Tie Rod Ends
- 4 - Tie Rod Ends, 1 for the Y Link, 2 for the Tie Rod, & 1 High Angle TRE for the Pitman Arm
- 3 - Polyurethane Anti Roll Tie Rod Grease Boots